How do online studies work?

The operation of online courses is simple. Our online system works on most smartphones, tablets, or computers that are 5 years old or newer, provided that you have the latest generation web browser installed and access to a broadband internet connection in order to watch your classes, access your materials, and upload your projects. Once you complete your enrollment, all you need to do is log in to your dashboard to watch classes, download and read books and resource materials and take exams.

Can I start at any time?

You can start your program immediately after completing the enrollment process. The enrollment process includes filling out the enrollment form, setting up your password, taking the free English assessment test, if English is not your native language, and paying your monthly tuition fee.

What are Associate and Master Degrees?

The Associate and Master Degrees are higher education programs. Students enrolled in the Associate and Master programs must take exams, write projects, and completed all the assignments. Students intending to enroll in an Associate program must present proof of high school completion or another secondary program. Students intending to enroll in a Master program must present proof of completion of a higher education degree.

How does the Bachelor's Degree work?

All Bachelor programs are double majors. You can choose two concentrations, provided one concentration is related to Ministry or Theology. For instance, you can enroll in the Ministry degree and choose a second concentration in Theology, Technology, Business, Counseling, or Health Care. The courses related to Technology and Business will start being offered in the Fall of 2020 and Spring of 2021. Beginning in the Fall of 2020, the courses in Counseling and Health Care will start. Upon the completion of 120 credit hours, you can be granted a Bachelor’s degree of Ministry and Theology, Technology, Business, Counseling, or Health Care. Enrollment for the Bachelor program will be open in January of 2019.

What is the Certificate Course?

The Certificate Course of Ministry and Biblical Studies are Bible-based affordable non-degree programs developed for students who feel called to serve as a layperson, teach Sunday school, lead small groups, or want to understand the Bible in-depth. Students in the Certificate Course do not need to have a High School diploma and are exempt from taking the English entrance exam.

Do I have to be fluent in English?

Students applying to enroll in the Certificate Course don't need to be fluent in English. Students who wish to enroll in the Associate degree must have intermediate knowledge of the English language. Students who wish to enroll in the Master degree must have advanced knowledge of the English language. For non-native speakers, Lucent offers a free online Test of English Comprehension (TEC) to verify if the student has the necessary knowledge of the English language for he or she to enroll in their desired program.

What documents do I need to enroll?

Students are required to upload to their dashboard the images of two government-issued identification documents that contain his or her photo and proof of residency document (bills, bank statements, or official documents containing their address). Students enrolled in the Certificate Courses are not required to upload academic documentation, only the two government-issued identification documents that contain his or her photo and proof of residency document are required. Students enrolled in the Associate or Bachelor degree must upload the images of their High school diploma or secondary school diploma and transcripts. Students enrolled for the Master's degree must upload the images a copy of their High school diploma or secondary school diploma and transcripts and their Bachelor or postsecondary diploma and transcripts. All images must be in high-resolution and high-quality. The images can be scanned or photographed on a flat surface. Color images are not required but preferred. Documents written in non-Roman characters need to be translated to English. All documents must be uploaded within 30 days from the enrollment date.

Can I complete my program early?

No, the time a student can complete the program is determined by its duration. In other words, if a program has a total of four terms, the student can only complete their program in a minimum of two years. That means, even if the student completes the last term early, the student needs to wait until the number of months determined in his or her program comes to fruition.

Can I complete my terms early?

Yes, students have the flexibility to complete terms at his or her pace. On average, students complete a term in four months. If the courses are available in the student's dashboard, the student is free to take them in the order he or she wishes. However, if the student finishes the last term early he or she will have to wait for the time of completion of the program before receiving his or her diploma.

What happens if I fall behind in my studies?

There are no penalties for finishing a term or a program late. In case the student falls behind in his or her studies, he or she can pick up where they left off.

How much time do I need to dedicate to my studies?

Students enrolled in the Certificate Courses are free to study at their own pace. Students enrolled in the Associate and Bachelor degrees should dedicate at least 8 hours per week. Students enrolled in the Master degrees should dedicate at least 12 hours per week.

Can I choose the number of courses I take?

Students enrolled in the Certificate Course can choose what courses to take at their discretion. Students in the Master and Associate degrees must take all the courses listed in their respective programs in order to complete their programs. Currently, our programs do not offer elective courses.

Can I take multiple courses at the same time?

Yes. Students can either take one course at a time or choose to take multiple courses at once.

Do I have to take courses in a particular order?

Students are free to take any course available on their website. The only exceptions are courses with two levels. Courses like Old and New Testament Theology and Expository Preaching have two levels. For these courses, level 1 must be completed before students start taking level 2.

When will I receive my Diploma or Certificate?

Yes. Students who have fulfilled all the prerequisites of the program, and have made all the payments, will receive a certificate or diploma upon completion of the program. The certificate or diploma will be available in PDF format immediately upon completing the program. A printed copy will be mailed to the student within 30 days after the conclusion of the program.

Are books and materials included in the program?

All academic materials necessary for students to complete their studies are available in electronic format in the student environment in our Educational Management System (EMS) for students to download at no additional cost.

What is the TEC?

The Test of English Comprehension (TEC) was developed to assess the level of comprehension in the English language for non-native speakers. After the candidate for an Associate or Master program completes the enrollment form, he or she receives an email with the information on how to access the TEC. The TEC is free of charge. The test has a total of 100 multiple-choice questions. The candidate has 90 minutes to complete the test.

How many points do I need in the TEC?

In order to complete the enrollment in the Associate or Master programs, the student must achieve a score of at least 70 points. The maximum score of a candidate can achieve is 100 points. If the student does not achieve the necessary points to enroll in the first trial, he or she can retake the test three more times. If, after three trials, the student doesn't achieve the necessary points to enroll, he or she can contact Lucent to evaluate other options.

What agency accredits Lucent University?

Lucent University is fully accredited by the Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC) in the United Kingdom with premier status. Also, Lucent University is in full compliance with the laws of the State of Florida and the US Federal Government. Students in the United States seeking regionally US-based accredited institutions should note that Lucent is not accredited by these agencies.

What are Credit Hours?

A credit hour is a measuring unit adopted by educational institutions, mainly in the United States. Credit hours are used to count educational credits. It is usually based on the number of hours the student is exposed to a course during a week during an academic semester. The courses you take at Lucent are worth three credit hours each.

Can I transfer credits from another institution?

Yes. Students are eligible to transfer credits from other institutions upon presenting official transcripts for the approval of the academic department. To submit course transcripts, the student must send an email with the scanned transcripts to Transcripts must be submitted in English. Exceptions may apply if the transcript is written in a language that uses the Roman alphabet. Lucent's academic department will, at its sole discretion, determine the equivalence to the courses we offer based on comparable learning outcomes. It may take up to 60 days for the transcripts to be evaluated and the students' required course list to be reassigned. Only courses in which the final average grade is superior to 70 points are eligible for transfer. The transference of courses will decrease the student's course load, but the price of the monthly tuition will be the same, regardless of how many credits are transferred.

How does student support work?

There are two kinds of student support. The primary type of support is from within the student's page. All students can send unlimited internal emails from their own pages asking Questions to his or her tutor. The other type of support is the live monthly Q&A sessions when professors answer the Questions asked by the students in real-time.

What are the passing grades?

All exams are multiple-choice with a 1 to 100 points international grading system. The passing grade is 50 points for the Certificate Courses, 60 points for the Associate and Bachelor Degrees, and 70 points for the Master Degrees. Students that get a grade below passing can retake the test up to three times. Failure on achieving the minimum passing grade in the tests can be compensated by writing projects for extra credit.

How do I write my papers?

At Lucent University students don't write book reviews, compositions, or research papers. All the written work is based on projects. For most courses, you will write a project on how to apply what you learned. To make things simple, we provide a template, like a questionnaire, with each project.

How much does my program cost?

Lucent University uses the Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) of the World Bank to determine the cost of the programs. The tuition cost varies according to the purchasing power of the Country the student lives. To check the monthly tuition cost for your country click here.

How do I pay my tuition?

US institutions normally charge tuition based on semesters. At Lucent University students have the flexibility to pay tuition on a monthly basis. The Certificate Program, Associate, and Master degrees last 24 months, hence students pay 24 installments. The Master of Divinity degree lasts 36 months, hence students pay 24 installments. The Bachelor's degree lasts 48 months, hence students pay 48 installments. The first installment is due after the student completes the enrollment process.

What is the form of payment?

All you have to do is set up a PayPal account or pay with a major credit card on the PayPal portal. PayPal operates with most banks in over 30 currencies. If you would like to open a PayPal account, visit the PayPal website for your country by clicking here.

How can I apply for a Scholarship?

Scholarships may be available for students in need of financial aid. To apply for a scholarship, the candidate must click on this link . It normally takes a week to respond if the student is eligible for financial aid.

Can I pause my studies?

You can pause your studies and return at your earliest convenience. You don't have to pay your tuition during the time you pause your studies. To pause your program you need to write an email to To continue your studies, all you need to do is log in to your student environment and proceed with your studies Your tuition will be charged the next month you resume your studies. Students with scholarships will lose the benefit if they paused their studies.

How can I withdraw from a program?

If a student decides to withdraw from a program, he or she must send an email to It will take up to 30 days before the cancellation takes effect. No fine or fee will apply if the student has no outstanding payment. No partial refund will be issued in case the student has paid the tuition for the month in which the cancellation was requested.

Where can I find the Student Handbook?

The Student Handbook can be downloaded from the Enrollment form or download it by clicking here. The Student Handbook explains in detail the procedures of the Institution, your responsibilities as a student, and the obligations of Lucent University.

What if a have a disability?

Lucent University will take all reasonable measures to accommodate students with visual, hearing, learning, mental, motor, or other disabilities. You will be able to indicate if you have a situation that requires special accommodation in the enrollment form. Though it is not guaranteed that we will provide access in every situation, there are measures in place to accommodate students in need of special attention.

What happens when I finish my program?

After the completion of your program, you will receive by mail a printed and signed certificate and a printed copy of your transcripts within 90 days. If you need to request another copy of your certificate or transcripts, the copy of the certificate costs U$50.00, for the copy of transcripts the cost is U$20.00. You will also continue to have access to your video classes, books, and all resources materials available to current students. You will also be notified of any updates in the program and about all new content posted in our LMS. This way you will be kept up-to-date and keep enjoying the benefits of being a part of Lucent University even after finishing your program.

How does the Graduation Ceremony work?

The graduation ceremony takes place at your local church. Lucent University's administrative staff will contact you three months prior to the completion of your program to inform you of the necessary arrangements and to request the contact information of your pastor or church leader. We will contact your pastor or church leader to invite him to perform the graduation ceremony and ask him to provide one of the signatures of your diploma as the bestowing officer. The diploma and graduation cap will be mailed directly to your pastor or church leader. If you are receiving a masters' degree, we will also send the hood to be placed around your neck.

How will my Academic Records be kept?

During the time you are enrolled, your academic records are available in the student's environment. After you graduate, your academic records will be kept indefinitely. At the end of the program, your records will be printed and stored in a secure location. A copy of your records will also be kept in digital format a major global storage provider.

Still Got Questions?